The following meeting was held at the Theresa Village Hall, 202 S. Milwaukee Street Theresa, Wisconsin
VILLAGE OF THERESA
REGULAR VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Monday August 6, 2018
These minutes to be approved by the Village Board at the September 10, 2018 Regular Village Board Meeting
President Marsh called the Regular Monthly Board Meeting to order at 7:00pm. The following Board Members were present: Tr. Polster, Tr. Palecek, Tr. Koenigs, Tr. Steger and Tr. J. Marsh. Tr. Brandenburg was excused. Director of Public Works N. Bodden and Clerk – Treasurer P. Koll were also in attendance.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Roll call was taken
- Several residents were in attendance to discuss various matters related to the business located at 102 N. Milwaukee Street; clerk to contact village legal counsel and fire chief to contact fire inspector.
- Representatives from Advanced Disposal were invited to attend the meeting to discuss waste and recycling pick-up issues, but failed to appear.
- Motion by Tr. Steger, seconded by Tr. Palecek to approve the minutes July 2, 2018 Regular Board Meeting as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
- Motion by Tr. Palecek, seconded by Tr. Marsh to approve issuance of Operator’s License to: Alyssa Wescott and Jacklyn Best for Theresa Ultimart/Shell Station. Motion carried unanimously.
Report by Clerk – Treasurer P. Koll
- Regular Village Board Meeting for September will be held on Monday September 10th due to Labor Day Holiday.
- Information from Wisconsin Compensation Rating Bureau related to Worker’s Comp modification factor for the village was reviewed and discussed.
- Update from G. Farnham regarding the Rock River Trail Initiative was reviewed.
- Rep from the Wisconsin DOT attended the ‘Town’ of Theresa Meeting scheduled for 7:30 on Monday August 6th to discuss the intersection at Hwy175/28 & County Rd. TW.
- Future agenda items: Overview from Town of Theresa regarding meeting with DOT
Village President Report:
Monthly Report by President G. Marsh
- No Legislative updates were available at this time.
- The endorsement of Marsy’s Law was discussed; village board is not interested in taking any official action on this item.
- No future agenda items discussed at this time:
Library Board Report:
Monthly Report by President Marsh
- Minutes and financial information from April 10, 2018 Library Board Meeting was discussed.
Public Safety Committee:
Monthly Report by Tr. Marsh
- Police Department Activity Report was discussed.
- Complaints pertaining to fireworks being set off in the village was discussed.
- Number of accidents at the intersection of Hwy 175/28 and County Rd. TW was discussed.
- Theresa Fire Department Monthly Report was reviewed.
Regular Village Board Meeting
August 6, 2018 - Page 2 of 3
Public Safety Committee Continued:
- No future agenda items discussed at this time.
Public Works Committee:
Monthly Report by, Tr. Steger
- Treatment plant upgrade project; funding options and user rate analysis were discussed; clerk to forward information from USDA regarding Water Environmental Program to village financial advisors
- New five year water/wastewater permit has been issued
- Village engineer is currently in the process of putting together a proposal regarding sewer main and lateral replacement/repairs.
- PW Chairman asked board members to take a look at the new LED street lights (high output east side of S. Milwaukee St. between E. Rock River St. and E. Henni St.; medium output on Menomonee St. between E. Rock River Street and E. Henni St.; low output on Mill Street).
- Menomonee Street project is currently in progress; line striping will be done next spring when painters are in the area.
- River’s Edge Park yard waste site was discussed; DPW to take care of potholes
- Monthly DPW Report was reviewed and discussed.
- Future Agenda Items (September 10, 2018 Monthly Meeting):
- Treatment Plant upgrade project, funding options and user rate analysis
- Cost estimates and/or bids for mains and lateral replacement/repair
Ambulance Committee Report
Community Development Committee
Report given Chairman Tr. Steger
Monthly Report given by, Tr. Palecek
Report by Pres. Marsh (Tr. Brandenburg was not in attendance)
- Motion by Tr. Palecek, seconded by Tr. Steger to approve payment of the bills in the amount of $68,744.21 for the Village and $24,455.32 for the Utility. Motion carried unanimously.
- Monthly Treasurer’s Report was reviewed.
- Bank Reconciliations were reviewed.
- Revenue/Expenditures Report was reviewed.
- Draft budget timeline was discussed
- Joint budget meeting with Town of Theresa was tentatively scheduled for 7:30pm on Monday September 24th.
- Future agenda items(September 10, 2018)
- Budget timeline
Regular Village Board Meeting
August 6, 2018 - Page 3 of 3
- Motion by Tr. Palecek, seconded by Tr. Polster to approve Temporary Class B Retailers License to the Theresa Lions Club for the Tractor Pull to be held on Saturday August 25th. Motion carried unanimously.
- Motion by Tr. Palecek, seconded by Tr. Polster to approve Temporary Class B Retailers License to the Theresa Legion Post 270 for the Pioneer Day to be held on Sunday September 9th. Motion carried unanimously.
Partisan Primary Election – Tuesday August 14th
Theresa Public Library, 290 Mayville Street – Polls Open 7am – 8pm
Theresa Lions Club Tractor Pull at Firemen’s Park
Saturday August 25th
Theresa Historical Society Ice Cream Social at Solomon Juneau House
Sunday August 26th – from 1pm – 4pm
State Representative Mark Born and U.S. Representative Glenn Grothman
will hold a ‘Meet and Greet’ at The Pioneer Keg – 122 S. Milwaukee Street
on Monday September 10th from 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Motion by Tr. Palecek, seconded by Tr. Steger to adjourn the Monthly Board Meeting at 8:21pm. Motion carried.
Pamela Koll, CMC, WCMC, CMTW
Village Clerk - Treasurer