2018 Trash and Recycling Calendar
For questions or concerns regarding waste & recycling pick-up, please contact John LeAir at Advanced Disposal at (920) 387-0612.
Advanced Disposal Holiday Waste & Recyclable Pick-Up is as follows.
Pick up is Tuesday of every week with the following exceptions:
Memorial Day (pick up on Wednesday)
July 4th (pick up on Wednesday)
Labor Day (pick up on Wednesday)
The Village will no longer provide recycling bins. Bins may be purchased from an independent retailer such as Walmart, Fleet Farm or Menards or other. No specific size, shape or color is required.
Brush/Yard Waste-Dumpsite is located in the rear area of River's Edge Park (Mill St.) and is open April thru November, weather permitting. This site is for yard waste only; leaves, branches 6" in diameter or less and un-bagged yard waste will be accepted. Please follow all rules & regulations at drop-off site. Thank You in Advance for your Cooperation!
N O T I C E
VILLAGE OF THERESA - BULK WASTE PICK-UP
‘FOR VILLAGE RESIDENTS ONLY’
& Tuesday, October 16th, 2018
Bulk Pick-up is always the 3rd Tuesday in April & the 3rd Tuesday in October.
Do Not put items on the curb prior to the weekend before Bulk Pick-Up!
Please place all items on the curb in an orderly fashion!
If you have questions on what items will be collected, please contact
Advanced Disposal Services @ 920-387-0987.
There will be a $30.00 charge for EACH appliance collected; such as: microwaves, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, water softeners, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, etc.
There will be a $15.00 charge for EACH tire or tire on rims collected.
Bills will be sent after pick-up as required.
* The Village of Theresa can no longer accept electronics. These items can/should be reused or donated. For more information on e-cycling & where to recycle electronics visit www.dnr.wi.gov/ecyclewisconsin. Click on the “Find” button for an electronics collection site near you.
* Garbage bags laying on the ground or near the waste cart will NOT be picked up unless they are placed IN the green waste cart.
* Cardboard boxes MUST be broken down & placed in, or near the recycling bin.
* Building materials are NOT accepted as part of Bulk Pick-Up. Please contact Advanced Disposal Services @ 920-387-0987 for dumpster rental.
* Yard waste will NOT be accepted & can be taken to the designated drop-off site located at River’s Edge Park from April through November (weather permitting). Please follow all rules & regulations at drop-off site.
Thank You In Advance For Your Cooperation!
If you are having trouble (issues) with your water...(no water, rusty water, smelly water, storm water run-off, etc.), you will get faster service by calling the Department of Public Works directly @ (920) 488-4003, please feel free to leave a message.
Change of Mailing Address for Sewer & Water Utility Billing Please remind us to change your mailing address before you leave for an extended period of time during the winter or summer. You can notify us by calling (920) 488-5421 (feel free to leave a message), by stopping at the Village Hall (202 S Milwaukee St) during normal business hours, by mail at PO Box #327, or by placing a note in the "payment" box located outside the door of the Village Hall. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Sewer & Water Utility readings and billings take place on a quarterly basis.
The charges are as follows:
- $14.04 - fixed water charge
- $27.32 - fixed sewer charge (set by the Public Service Commission).
The water volume charge is $2.63 per 1,000 gallons and sewer charge is $8.79 per 1,000 gallons.
There is also a charge in the amount of $32.82 applied quarterly for refuse pick-up (solid waste & recyclables).
There is a charge amount of $23.88 applied quarterly for Public Fire Protection.